In 1996, Bob Llewellyn formed Llewellyn Consulting, a sole proprietorship focused on building business skills in corporate settings. In addition to consulting in strategy and management systems, he has designed and delivered the Biz Bucks series of business acumen courses, now having taught over 4500 people. He is also the CEO of BizBasicsOnline.com, an online educational site dedicated to teaching the basic quantitative skills of business.
Bob's 45 years of industry experience spans a diverse set of functions, primarily in the electric-energy industry. These include both leadership and professional work in engineering, marketing, budgeting, management control systems, compensation, and his passion, organizational effectiveness.
He has an electrical engineering degree from Arizona State University and an MBA from the Marshall School at the University of Southern California.
He and his wife, Marilyn, have six children and seventeen grandchildren. They reside in Phoenix, Arizona. Bob enjoys golf, guitar strumming, and "harassing" his grandkids. His volunteer efforts focus on the Boy Scouts of America and church service.
2011 to present: CEO and co-founder of BizBasicsOnline.com, an online educational site focused on building the basic quantitative skills of business
1996 to present: Principal Consultant of Llewellyn Consulting, a management consulting sole proprietorship.
- Developed and delivered the Biz Bucks Series of business acumen courses, taught to over 4000 people, largely in electric-energy industry.
- Developed management systems for clients including capital budgeting, project management, management of change, and workforce design.
- Facilitated scores of teams and business meetings from US to Canada, Mexico and Germany
1997 to 1999: Professor of HR at Ottawa University
- Taught Project Management (two semesters)
- Designed and taught Business Skills for HR Professionals (one semester)
1976 to 1996: Leadership and professional positions at Arizona Public Service Company
- Organizational Change Manager (seven years)
- Environmental Project Manager (PCB Transformer Project) (two years)
- “Controller” of Palo Verde Nuclear Plant Construction (four years)
- Manager- Capital Budget Administration ($400 million annual budget) (five years)
- Project Manager for Scrubber Upgrade Project at major coal power plant (two years)
- Project Engineer for NPDES Water Projects (one-half year)
1972 to 1976: Sales and Marketing Engineer – General Electric (Power Generation Sales Division)
- Sold (as a team member) one nuclear power plant to mid-western utility
- Sold largest order in Gas Turbine industry, twenty-two Frame 7 packaged power plants
- University of Southern California – Master of Business Administration (Executive Program) 1995
- Arizona State University – BS Electrical Engineering 1972
Professional and Academic Organizations
- Beta Gamma Sigma – National Honorary Business Academic Fraternity
- Eta Kappa Nu – National Honorary Electrical Engineering Fraternity
- Tau Beta Pi – National Honorary Engineering Fraternity
- Registered Professional Engineer (Electrical - AZ)
- Former member of Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, American Nuclear Society, Society for Human Resource Management
Awards and Publications
- 2012: Author of Leadership for the Recovering Quantoid: “Boss-hood” for Engineers, Accountants, Analysts and Others with Severe Quantoidal Tendencies.
- 2003-2005: Author of four published papers (two of which were selected to be included in HR Magazine’s “Best Papers of the Decade” Anthology.
- 2008: Amethyst Award – Four Peaks District, Boy Scouts of America
- 2004: Silver Beaver – Grand Canyon Council, Boy Scouts of America
- 1972: Most Outstanding Electrical Engineering Graduate - Arizona State University
- Married to Marilyn since 1972.
- Six Children
- Seventeen Grandchildren
- Golf (single digit handicap)
- Sings and plays guitar in quartet Fun, Faith & Flag
- Service: Boy Scouts of America (Assistant Council Commissioner) and church leadership/teaching
List of Clients of Llewellyn Consulting
- Arizona Public Service/Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City)
- CPS Energy (San Antonio, Texas)
- Durham and Company (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Gerard Fine Foods (Los Angeles, California)
- New York Power Authority (White Plains, New York)
- NV Energy (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- OG&E (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
- Osmose Utilities Services (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Public Service Electric and Gas (Salem/Hope Creek, New Jersey)
- Public Service of New Mexico (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- RMEL (Denver, Colorado)
- Salt River Project (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Solomon Associates (Dallas, Texas)
- Texas Instruments (Dallas, Texas)
- TransAlta (Calgary, Canada)
- Tucson Electric Power (Tucson, Arizona)
- TXU, now Luminant/Oncor (Dallas, Texas)
- Westar Energy (Topeka, Kansas)